Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Dances aren't that Lame.

Alright, I know some people who want to know what happened. Actually..most people who are going to read this don't give a crap, but I"m going to talk about it anyway. Alright here we go.

Friday Aleicia slept over at my house. We stayed up and watched many movies, the longest of which was Pearl Harbor. I almost cried..yet again, but that's besides the point. Next day went got our hair cuts, got a shirt for me to wear and we were all set. Had to drop her off at home so she could get ready, that was alright. Called my mom and she "decided" to go..it was more like a guilt trip from me (which isn't a mother thing to do by the way..but that's cool), I got ready an hour to early. Aleicia came over to drop off her stuff, because of another sleep over which would involve getting up before 8 30 on Sunday morning ...in order to let Aleicia out. (I know the dog reference!) Let's go a little bit more in the past now.
Got to the dance..I had to pay Aleicia and my ticket in, because she didn't want to go to the dance with Nate in the first place..but then he wasn't even there. I walked in a tunnel, felt like a princess with a big yellow jacket. Walked over to take my jacket off..saw Katie and Charlie. My god Katie looked GORGEOUS! Charlie looked handsome..so they were just sooo cute together. Glad they're going out. Apparently I'm a leader because Charlie asked me to find a place, he's a Senior..so I had to find a place where we weren't bombarded by non-dancers. Everyone was surrounding the entrance, it was awful. Found a place..comfortable. Yup.
Ended up going in this corner near the punch table the percentage of the time. People had dates: Aleicia with Nate (not going out), Megan with Michael (going out), Katie with Charlie (going out), Davis with this chick who is now going out with Nate, Evan and Suzy (Going out), uhh...and these random couples. Troy and I were the only two of our close enough friends not having dates. Troy didn't want to dance with just me, probably because of the ugliness radiating off my laughter. (Haha...I was so hyper).

Going further along. I danced for a full hour and a half to two hours, until Nate decided to grab Aleicia's hips and make her dance backwards with him (he had a boner). So..I was all alone. Troy had gone off tryingto find a person to dance with ,or talk to ..whatever. It was soo cute though..all those people. Ended up dancing, didn't feel like jumping up on the stage and sit...so on the 10 minute slow song..went over to where the door was wide open. ( was wearing no sleeves so was pretty cold), and froze myself. Thought about stuff.

Realization: Do not go to dances unless you have a friend who is going alone with you, and try as hard as you can to get a date. Otherwise the awkwardness will consume you, and you'll end up freezing yourself in a corner.

The brown eyes I have ended up staring at random people..as I leaned on the wall with the pose of a model. Stared at the ceiling, leaned over my knees staring at the floor..whatever I could do that was comfortable. Thought about the song playing..and about the major guys in my life who live so far away. My friend Sam started complaining about life..and how she hated my other friend Kelly (who people seem to hate for some reason) had stolen this guy named Alan (who Sam had sex with). Kelly and Alan had always liked each other..so whatever. Didn't even notice I was standing there..by myself.
Ahh..at least some guys looked at me *shrugs*. Aleicia ended up getting her toes jumped on. I ended up falling on my butt because I slipped...ahh that was fun! Completely forgot about that.

Another lesson about this day: If you are wearing tights, do not try to grab your friend and bring them somewhere..or push your friend at someone. You WILL slip and fall..and then have a blast doing it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joseph Broad said...

Ah dammit. That is a nasty one and no mistake. I must admit I avoided balls since that happened to me when I was 16. I made a vow to myself that I would not go dancing again "till" I had taken some dance lessons....I'm still waiting to find time to take them!
Books are also a major section of my escapism. I tend to have several onthe go at the same time - a volume of Proust (long-term commitment to finish the whole thing. Eventually.) and a fantasy of some type. Do you read Terry Pratchett?
Roleplaying is in many ways like telling a story. The DM is the plot director, and the players are the characters in the story....though often enough, they take over.
Dantares.

2:02 PM  
Blogger AntoineWB said...

Ya Dances scare me, I know it would turn out to be some sad lonely and pathetic tale if I went to a dance...not to metion I can't dance. You got gall...and you wore tights. 3 EXTRA POINTS!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Joseph Broad said...

Groups splitting up is annoying. Mine did in the msot chaotic way possible - one long-running campaign ended, with most people dissatisfied because the DM started dating (in real life) one of theplayers - and so he began to have an abnormally large amount of influence within the enviroment (and how on earth do you tell someone they are doing that? We never worked it out) and then I left for Canada for a year.
People decided to give it a year and see what happens - give Eurynome and Peles time to find their feet in their relationship which entails basically begining to see the world beyond each other again....it was great to see two people so in love, but intensely frustrating as well. It also allowed us all time to write some more campaigns. When I head back in the summer its going to be completely different - Eurynome & Peles will be in North London, which is a good couple of hours away, Polycastro will be almost as far away across the other side of London...my sister will still be in Winchester and I will be still at Uni. So yes, it may have been a permanent fracture now caused by logistics...sigh.
Dantares.

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home